List of Projects ·
Project Sites and Links ·
Robert Davis Biography
Robert Davis Inc. consults on the construction and
theaters and other performing arts architecture.
Current work includes commercial, educational, and institutional
Projects Recently Opened
General services offered by Robert Davis Inc. include:
Robert Davis Inc. designs stage equipment according to the
standard architectural project phases.
- Site evaluation.
- Assistance in all phases of facility planning.
- Preparation of contract documents for stage equipment.
- Physical feasibility studies.
- Planning sightlines.
- Planning the stage configuration.
- Planning front-of-house facilities.
- Planning backstage facilities and dressing rooms.
- Planning technical spaces such as the box office, scenic,
and electric shops, rehearsal rooms, green rooms, loading dock,
Stage equipment includes:
In addition to providing contract documents and reviewing
provide the structural, electrical, and mechanical engineering
information necessary to incorporate stage systems into the building
- Motorized and manual rigging.
- Stage lighting controls and instruments.
- Dance and ballet floors and other stage floor construction.
- Stage traps and elevators.
- Stage draperies and masking.
- Portable equipment.
Emphasis is placed on:
- Constructive interaction with the design team.
- Exciting sightlines.
- Reasonable solutions.
- Consensus process.
- Keeping the audience and performers happy.
- Making sturdy gracious spaces.
- Providing artists with dependable professional tools.
- Making the building an excellent workplace.
Pictorial Diagrams of New York Theatres -
Robert Davis - Bibliography
Articles on Theater Planning Topics
Our FAX number is (212) 927 8823.
Before 2004 our address was 37 West 20th Street, New York NY 10011
telephone number was (212) 242 0856.
Also see http://www.robertdavisinc.com/exit22.htm
Photographs Copyright: Robert Davis unless noted
All rights reserved. Do not use without permission.